Saturday 5 April 2014

Breakfast Outings.

Now, it's fairly rare that I head out for breakfast, on my days off I am usually still in pyjamas at 11 o'clock in the morning. I am not breakfast material!

However, one day last week, my sister was able to coax me out of bed, into proper clothes and into Marlow.

We drove to the Continental Bakehouse, a new patisserie in the converted Hare and Hounds Pub just outside of Marlow.

When we arrived we were greeted with an open log fire and the morning sunshine in all it's glory reflecting on the daffodils in the windows. 


 In between watching the sun and the cars, we decided on what to eat.

The decision was a tricky one!

I decided on an egg & bacon sandwich in a brioche bun, orange juice to drink.


My sister had the rather delicious looking cheese & bacon croissant.


We soon tucked in and cought up with each other's lives. Even though we live together, it seems that we don't get enough time to get past "how was work?" 


The bun was slightly toasted, keeping the egg absolutely delicious.


I have to admit, I was very jealous of the croissant my sister had It was made even worse when she refused to give me any.


 
Needless to say both our plates were cleared rather quickly!

The inside of the building had been converted from the pub into the patisserie really well. It still has the country feel that I love in pubs, with the cleanliness and lightness of a fresh bakery.

Isn't it just lovely?

You can find their website here.

Lydia
x

No comments:

Post a Comment