Thursday 10 October 2013

What I Have Been Reading; Jesus > Religion

Recently I have been reading a really good book which I wanted to share with you, let me know if you enjoy reading reviews of books that I have been reading :)

Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough. 



This book has been written by Jefferson Bethke as a follow-up to his viral video 'Why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus' so when I got the chance to read it, I snapped it up! 

The book goes into depth about Jeff's life, growing up facing numerous challenges, growing spiritually and facing the roller coaster that is Christianity.Throughout the book, Jeff explains how God's grace and love flow into each and every situation using his own experience, and passages from the Bible. 

I have been personally challenged when I have been reading parts of the book, being reminded that I cannot do anything, no work I do will ever be good enough for God, but he sent his own son to die, and says: 'I love you no matter what.'

Woah. 

Jesus < Religion also has discussion questions at the end of each chapter which I really like, I was able to think about what I had just read. These questions are also brilliant if you want to lead book club. 

I really want to encourage you to read this book, it's quite short but filled with inspiration and realisation about the love God has for us.

You can buy the book on Amazon: Here.

Bye
x

No comments:

Post a Comment