Monday 5 May 2014

Cycling London To Brighton.

So. This is happening.


I signed up to cycle 54 miles, in one go, from London to Brighton, with my baby sister, Beth. 

You may remember the post about last year's event here. Beth completed it in an amazing time, and I decided I wanted to join the challenge.

So on the 7th September 2014 I will be cycling from London to Brighton.

All 20+ Stone of unfit me.

 

As much as I'm excited for the challenge. I would not be doing this if it wasn't for the amazing work that Child Bereavement UK do.


Such as;
-Direct support for parents after the loss of a child
-Support for children suffering from bereavement
-Providing training for teachers, nurses & other professionals
-Providing media resources for families

Overall, a really well-deserving cause.

In the profession I am learning and heading into, I will experience death. Such an awful thing sometimes. And I cannot imagine how horrific it is to lose a child. So any help for families experiencing this are a blessing.

The organiser, doitforcharity, have so many helpful resources, and other challenges if cycling isn't you cup of tea.

 In the meantime, I am hoping to keep you all updated on the training I am doing going to start.

You can sponsor Beth and I here.


Learn more about Child Bereavement UK here.

And contact me here.

Lydia
x

No comments:

Post a Comment