Saturday 7 September 2013

September's Dozen

Hello Lovelies,

I thought I would share a new type of post on the blog today, that is a monthly playlist, my monthly 'dozen' here is the September edition.

Grace Sarah: Sunrise

Grace is a an up-and-coming artist based in Cambridge, UK. Sunrise is one of her first released singles and I love it! The song has such a relaxed, mellow feel and I will certainly be driving round the countryside with this playing.

Buy 'Sunrise' on iTunes:

 The 1975: Chocolate

The 1975 are a band that have really came out of the shadows over this summer, playing at numerous festivals. Chocolate is such an upbeat song and is something I love singing with my sister around the house. 

Buy The 1975 album on iTunes:

Ellie Goulding: Burn

Ellie Goulding is making her return, after a few months out, with her album 'Halcyon Days'. Burn is a song that is a mid-tempo song, quite different to her other hits, though I am enjoying this new style.

Buy 'Burn' on iTunes:

Jake Bugg: Broken

What can I say about this song? I really want to recommend Jake Bugg's whole album! Broken is one of my favourite songs on the album it is so thought-provoking, and to think that it was wrote by a 19 year old makes me even more in love with it. 

Buy Jake Bugg's album on iTunes:

Kacey Musgraves: Follow Your Arrow

Here is evidence of my huge Country & Western music love. Ever since I went to a Lady Antebellum gig in 2012 where Kacey Musgraves was a supporting act, I have loved her music. This song talks about the decision not to care about stereotypes and doing what you want. This is another song that I love driving to.

Buy 'Same Trailer Different Park' on iTunes:

Michael Buble: Close Your Eyes

Michael Buble has created a masterpiece of upbeat songs and ballads on 'To Be Loved' and this is a ballad. I love listening to this song and imagining that he is singing into my eyes. I can only dream!

Buy 'To Be Loved' on iTunes:

Ms Mr: Hurricane

This song is a blend of different styles of music, the truth of the lyrics and the techno music gives a different sound, that I am enjoying and hope to hear more from this duo.

Buy 'SecondHand Rapture' on iTunes:

Mike ft Ariana Grande: Popular Song

Popular Song is such a feel good anthem, edging on the fence of cheesy. This may not be on repeat for the rest of the year, but it is for September, bringing happiness to the gloom of a new academic year. 

Buy 'Popular Song' on iTunes:

Katy Perry: Roar

This is another feel good song for me. However, listening to the lyrics forces me to enjoy it even more, the essence of being strong and positive is something I feel the music industry needs to hear at the moment.

Buy 'Roar' on iTunes: 

One Direction: Best Song Ever

Now I know I will get mixed reviews on this one, but I'm going with it anyway. This is such a cheese fest and I love it! After years of making a decision on the band, I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy their music, it is simple and doesn't require me to think about it lyrics as some others do. For this song, I will be playing, and enjoying it.

Buy 'Best Song Ever' on iTunes:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft Mary Lambert: Same Love

I first heard this song after a reading an article on Gay Marriage and the Church whilst procrastinating in the library a few months ago. I hadn't listened to it since then until the VMA's and am so disappointed that this hasn't had more interest after them. I love Macklemore's lyrical ability, focusing on positive messages that modern rap seems to miss out so much.

Buy 'The Heist' on iTunes:

Tom Odell: Grow Old With Me

Tom Odell is currently experience a well deserved fame. Grow Old With Me is a lovely piano & voice song. This is fairly easy-listening and I am enjoying listening to it in the evening. You can buy this song on his album 'Long Way Down' or Pre-order the single for release on 15th September 2013.

Buy 'Long Way Down' on iTunes:

So there it is, 12 of my favourite songs at the moment, please let me know of any new music you enjoy, and if you enjoyed reading this feature. 

Bye Lovelies 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment